Followers

Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Long long overdue that's for sure

I know it's been ages again since I posted.  And this thank you is so far overdue it just isn't true.  


As some of you know I manage The Blackbird Designs Exchange Group and I think the last one was number 8.  I thought it was number 9 but I was wrong, just for a change.  Anyway I decided that rather than doing a secret exchange from now on it would be one where people were paired up knowing who was sending they were sending the exchange to and who was sending to them hoping that this would stop people from not keeping up their end of the bargain.  It worked but we had an odd number of people so one of us had to do a three way exchange.  I sent to Carol (no blog), Carol sent to Barbara and Barbara sent to me, and I haven't shown anybody yet what I received which is simply stunning and here it is


This is the front
and I have to admit that I can't remember which book or pattern this is from but I really really love it.  Simply stunning in real life and this photo does not do it justice that's for sure. (all pictures are clickable to enlarge them).
and the back
which is a gorgeous walnut color.  

I really really love this and thank you from the bottom of my heart Barbara and apologise for not thanking you publicly earlier because you so deserve it.  You are a wonderful stitcher an finisher that's for sure and anybody who exchanges with you is one very lucky person.

So until next time ...  
Lots of Love Patti xxx
American by birth and MOUTH but British in every other way possible

6 comments:

The Inspired Stitcher said...

What an awesome exchange to receive! I love it so much I might have to try this one myself. The design is called Vintage Bloom.

Jeanne said...

wow that's gorgeous -lucky you Patti! Kudos to Barbarb for stitching such a lovely gift.

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

Wonderful!!

Giovanna said...

Oooh, that is so pretty! Well done, Barbara!

barbara said...

Thanks, Patti - so glad you liked it!And as The Inspired Stitcher pointed out, it's Vintage Blooms by BBD> :)

Deb said...

Soooo jealous of this one, Queenie!! Hi, how are you? I've missed you so much! I've been catching up on all your posts. Love the look of your blog and everything that's been going on with you (except the horrors, of course.) I'll email... Come see me on LavenderRose or my bookish blog. Hugs...