Followers

Tuesday, June 05, 2012

I know I haven't been blogging but ...


... right now I'm waiting for a phone call from my sister-in-law in California.  My brother was diagnosed with stomach cancer almost 4 years ago and given 6 months.  

They went to an amazing oncologist who has so far kept him alive but things don't look good right now that's for sure.  He has had half his stomach removed and been on chemo almost the entire time.  But I saw a photo of him taken recently and ...

Every time I phone my heart is in my mouth.  I phoned on Sunday and my sister-in-law told me that my brother had had a scan on Friday and were expecting the results yesterday and because of the time difference would phone me today so that's why I'm waiting for the phone call.

The only reason I don't go is because I have MS and never know how I'm going to be so the last thing on earth they need right now is me.  I don't remember being this scared in a very long time and have turned into a couch potato doing nothing but watching TV and ...

So until next time ... 
Lots of Love Patti xxx
American by birth and MOUTH but British in every other way possible

10 comments:

Starry-eyed stitcher said...

Oh, Patti, my fingers are crossed for good news. It must be so hard when you are so far away. Love Irene xxx

stitcheranon said...

Praying for you and your family xxxx

Marjorie said...

So sorry Patti. I just went through the agony of watching a friend die from this awful disease. I wish the best for your brother.

Joy said...

Oh my. How horrible. My prayers are with you.

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Oh Patti, I'm sending positive thoughts to you and to them. {{Hugs}}

Giovanna said...

I'm so sorry Patti... take care.

Mayté-MagicXstitch said...

My dear friend, my heart is you and your brother. Sending you positive thoughts . Love you :)

Rosa said...

Prayers to you and your brother....keep your chin up!

valerie said...

Hoping for good news for your brother and family.

Julie Barkley said...

I'm so sorry for your loss and all the crap that has went on! I hope you'll be feeling better soon and take care of yourself and rest ! Tak a nice long soak in the tub with some hot tea, a good book and some smell-good candles and relax!

Hugs always from one of your loyal readers,
Julie