Followers

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Things have been really crappy - sorry


Sorry I've not written sooner.  Things have been pretty crappy here.  You know things come in threes?  Well I'm waiting for number three now.  Oh I just realised that I've had number three already.  Dumb me.  In fact it could be numbers 3 and 4 as I've mucked up so much.

Sorry can't help it stuff is really crap - apart from my MS which is holding it's own for once.  It shouldn't be because of the stress I've been under for the past couple of weeks.

I saw a new photo of my brother in California and the difference between Christmas and the one taken four weeks ago is horrendous.  He has lost so much weight and when I spoke to my sister-in-law and said about his weight loss all I got from her was 'well he was getting a bit fat so this is good'.  This definitely not good and his platelet count was so low last week he couldn't even have his chemo.  I am going to call again when we get home tonight.  So that was number one.

The second thing was we had to take Gracie (our Yorkshire terrier) to the Vet on Monday and have her put to sleep.  I have just been too sad to write or do anything and that's why you haven't heard from me.  She was such a character and so sweet and was convinced she was a Mere Cat.  I miss her so much.  Even when her predecessor died I didn't feel like this because Candy was nowhere near as sweet and loving as Gracie was.  Gracie Amelia (named after Gracie Alan and Amelia Aerhart), well my cousins' ex-wife said she wouldn't get into the best schools if we didn't give her two names  lived up to her name.  She was really funny and as brave as a lion.  But for the past six months or so she was falling down the stairs from top to bottom and really hurting herself.  It was so sad to see and she wouldn't even let me groom her anymore.  I tried moving her basket from our bedroom downstairs but she wasn't happy and would go to sleep on the floor instead so I just brought it up again.  I don't remember being this sad for a very long time, even writing this the tears are streaming down my face.  I really really miss her.

The third thing was I had a massage last Saturday.  Big mistake.  I hurt all over from it.  I thought massages were meant to be relaxing.  Well this one sure wasn't.  Guess I should have asked my neurologist first or my MS nurse, but I didn't

The fourth thing was I went to cancel a direct debit from my bank account and cancelled two in error.  One to Sky tv but that was easily fixed.  I called up and paid and then reinstated the direct debit - at least I think I did.  I also cancelled my direct debit to PayPal which I definitely shouldn't have done because I just put in a big order with The Fat Quarter Shop in order to do their new Block of The Month.  So I called them up and told them what dummy here had done, and that PayPal said I couldn't do anything until I got an email from them saying the bank had declined the direct debit because it had been cancelled and then and only then I can phone them and get the direct debit reinstated and pay for my order which was mailed two days ago.  But I didn't want anybody at The Fat Quarter Shop to feel nervous that I had diddled them out of money.

So that's been my two weeks.  I'm not close to my brother but it's still really sad and I miss Gracie like you wouldn't believe.  I never missed Candy (her predecessor) which sounds really callous, which I don't think I am, and in fact got Gracie two days after Candy died.  I definitely didn't love Candy like I loved Gracie.  So my Gracie rest in peace and hopefully you have gone to my mom and dad and they will look after you now.


This is Gracie with our granddaughter Lily

So until next time ... 

Lots of Love 
Patti xxx
American by birth and MOUTH but British in every other way possible


P.S. I lost my great photos of Gracie which were stored on my computer that was stolen in December.  That'll teach me that I should back up my computer.

8 comments:

Starry-eyed stitcher said...

Patti, what a truly sad time you are having. I am so sorry about your brother and your poor sweet Gracie and everything else that is piling up on your shoulders.

I think you to let Gracie go. It is one of the hardest things you can ever do but she knew you loved her so much and hopefully, soon, you can remember all the joy you shared together without feeling so very sad.

My very best love and extra hugs Irene xxx

Catherine said...

Sending hugs...

Giovanna said...

I'm so sorry about your brother and about Gracie. I hope life will start treating you better soon. Big hugs, and take care.

Hazel said...

What a horrid time. Big hugs.xx

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Oh Patti, I'm so sorry to hear about Gracie! I know how that loss hurts. We lost our first Dal four years ago and I still find myself tearing up when I think about her. Give yourself some time to grieve and remember the good times you had with her. {{Great big hugs}}

Marjorie said...

So sorry that you are having such a tough time. I am getting to the same point with my 16-year-old cat so I know how you feel. Hope things turn around soon.

Cindy's Stitching said...

ahh. sorry about your pain. We all get thrown into the fire, but we come out refined. I am in the fire myself. trust god, that is the best thing we can do. feel better.

Jeanne said...

So sorry about Gracie. It can be devastating losing a beloved pet.

Hope your brother starts to do better...sometimes it feels like everything that can go wrong does. All we can do is try to get through it.