Followers

Saturday, October 20, 2012

I have finally ...

made up my mind what I am going to stitch.  I looked through everything I had and nothing really appealed to me.  Not unusual seeing as most of it is well over 3 years old and I guess what I liked then I don't now.

I was browsing on somebody's blog, sorry can't remember whose it was, but I saw these Pixel People, and whoever it was that showed them to everyone couldn't decide what she wanted to stitch and chose Labyrinth and another one.  Well
Labyrinth 
really appealed to me as well as I had worked on the original script in the early 1980's and loved every bit of it and even took my children to see the set.  The set was as magical as the movie.   Labyrinth was filmed locally in Elstree Studios, Borehamwood really as the border beetween the two villages, I guess you could call them, is on top of a little bridge above the train station so to the right of the bridge (if your are standing on the bridge facing the station) is Elstree and the left is Borehamwood which is not nearly as posh as Elstree, in the wilds of Hertfordshire.  Anyway I typed the script and the rewrites and loved every second - it was like reading a book.  I really liked that job.

I decided to go and browse Pixel People on Etsy and found Jacqueline has created a chart for
Buffy The Vampire Slayer
and my younger daughter loved that programme so I bought it.  Now it's supposed to be stitched on 14 count Aida and you know how much I HATE using that stuff so I have decided to either stitch it on 28ct over one or 40 count.  I will decide and let you know.

Then I continued browsing and on November 12, 2012 him who must not be obeyed and I will be married for 45 years and I then saw
Star Trek The Next Generation

and I knew I had to stitch this first.  Quite by coincidence our son, who is a TV Editor and is working at an editing suite in Whiteleys, saw Patrick Stewart (Jean Luc Picard) and Brent Spiner (Data) yesterday as well as another famous person who neither Larry (him upstairs) nor I can remember.  Sorry whoever you are, but you don't read my blog anyway.  Again I am going to be stitching this probably over one so it can fit in a hoop.  I hope you have enjoyed this post because I have really enjoyed writing it.

So, Until Next Time
Lots of Love
Patti xxx

Pin It

10 comments:

Susan @ Afford Your Passions said...

How cute - I've never seen these designs before!

Gillie said...

I love your blog and your humour! You've clocked up a couple more years than us,well done!

stitcheranon said...

Wow. Labrynth is my favourite movie ever...drool over the mere thought of David Bowie, lucky you getting to work there! Great designs. My eldest children chose the name of my youngest son..he is Xander. Can't think where they got the idea from lol: thank goodness it wasn't Godzilla!

Joy said...

I squeaked when I saw the Star Trek one. I was such a Trekker back in the day. So, I had to check out the etsy shop and my husband loved the Doctor Who one with all 11 doctors. Maybe someday after one of us finally finds a good paying job again. Being unemployed really stinks.

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Oh what fun! I can't wait to see them done up. They always look better in person than in pictures. LOL!

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting, You're a very skilled blogger. I've joined your
rss feed and look forward to seeking more of your fantastic post.
Also, I've shared your web site in my social networks!
Also visit my site ... How Many Calories In Grapes

Anonymous said...

I actually wanted to develop a remark to be able to express gratitude to you for these awesome points you are writing on this site. My considerable internet look up has finally been paid with brilliant information to write about with my company. I would express that many of us website visitors are definitely lucky to be in a useful place with many special individuals with beneficial secrets. I feel rather happy to have come across the webpage and look forward to plenty of more exciting moments reading here. Thanks again for all the details.

Anonymous said...

Hello! I realize this is kind of off-topic however I needed to ask. Does operating a well-established website like yours require a massive amount work? I am completely new to blogging but I do write in my diary every day. I'd like to start a blog so I will be able to share my experience and feelings online. Please let me know if you have any kind of suggestions or tips for new aspiring blog owners. Appreciate it!

Deepu Sahoo said...

So sweet I love your post

diamondc said...

Love the Pixel People I look forward to seeing the finished piece, I bet it will look even better then the pattern.

Catherine